For those of you, like me, that don’t have a lot of time to devote to your beauty and well-being regiment, here are some easy to incorporate tricks that will make a big difference without taking up any more time in your routine. A quick, inexpensive and easy solution to your health and beauty needs. Not only is baking soda inexpensive and good for you – it also is very effective and benefits the environment by restoring PH to the water supply. Additionally it reduces the use of chemicals in your cosmetic products, reduces the amount of plastic (as you can buy it in bulk) and cost about $5 for a six months supply if you use it every day. Baking soda also has anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties can improve ones overall health and well-being. Here are some quick and effective uses:
- Whitens teeth and freshens your breathe: Baking soda reduces acid in the mouth and kills germs. For fast and easy use just keep a small cup in your bathroom and dip your toothbrush with your favorite toothpaste in it each time you brush. You will not only feel and see the difference, but you will also dramatically reduce any infection in your mouth.
- Daily Facial Detox: Wet your face and add baking soda to a gentle cleanser like Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser daily. Apply with gentle pressure in circular motion for 2 minutes. This will provide a light exfoliation, plus will balance the PH of the skin and detoxify…all this for a few pennies a day.
- Detox Bath – add 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Epsom salt and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. I love lavender oil to relax, orange oil to refresh and pine oil to uplift. Make sure to use pure essential oils like Young Living
- Use on rashes: Mixed with a little warm water to form a thin paste and apply for 5 minutes (don’t scrub), will restore PH and calm skin.
- Dog Fur Refresher: Add 2 teaspoons baking soda to warm water in an 16 oz spray bottle. Add 10 drops safe essential oils such as lavender and sweet orange, which are both calming, deodorizing, antibacterial and flea repelling. Shake well before use. (do not use on puppies under 30 weeks).