You know them, the person who is always full of energy and invigoration. That totally fit person with a great outlook on life – usually up before the rest of the world starts to stir, lacing up their running shoes and are done before you have your first coffee! Yes the runners. Well it is not just your observation, but the results of many studies about why runners are more confident, less stressed, healthier and YES, more successful too! In fact it is no accident that leaders in every industry around the globe turn to running. Want to be more successful and healthier, full of energy and vitality? Start your day with a run – Here’s Why:
- Just Do It “Anywhere” : People who are successful set themselves up to win, whether they are on vacation, home or a business trip running is accessible to everyone. Choosing to run can be a lifelong pursuit because you can do it anywhere and just need a good pair of running shoes. It is also a great way to explore.
- Live Healthier: Regular running helps you build up tolerance to germs which results in fewer illnesses.
- Mental Acuity: Running is not only good for your body, but also boosts your brainpower, according to a new study. Researchers found that aerobic exercise increases the neuron reserves in the hippocampus area of the brain, responsible for learning.
- Live Longer, Age slower: Running slows the effects of aging, according to a 2008 study from the Stanford University School of Medicine that has tracked 500 older runners for more than 20 years. Elderly runners have fewer disabilities, a longer span of active life and are half as likely as aging nonrunners to die early deaths, the research found
- Improve Confidence & Self-esteem: Running is 90% mental. Building up this side of your brain by telling yourself you can do it, you can finish the race, you can run for 30 minutes non-stop, or whatever your goal is will invariably be a surefire way to build up your self-esteem. Whether you’re working up to a mile or you’re training for a marathon, a study conducted out of Columbia University found that setting and attaining ambitious goals has an impact on happiness levels, therefore raising your confidence.
- Reduce Hypertension: Just 30 to 40 minutes of running most days of the week can help prevent or reduce hypertension — a potentially deadly condition in which abnormally high blood pressure damages blood vessels and vital organs.
- Builds Stronger Bones: Running stresses your bones, which requires your body to send essential minerals and nutrients directly to the bones strengthening them and reduce bone density loss, which is a formidable problem for older people.
- Energy Boost:Whatever kind of shape you’re in, your elevated heart rate and blood pressure will continue to pump oxygen to your brain and body even after you’ve stopped running, which leaves you feeling sharp and energized
- Reduce Risk of Heart Disease: Running—even once in a while at a slow pace—could slash your risk of death from cardiovascular disease by 45 percent, according to new research published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Lowers Stress: Not only does running boost the brain’s serotonin levels which makes you calmer and more stress resistant, regular running helps you sleep better, which also decreases stress.
Whether you are a captain of industry or the CEO of your own life, running will set yourself up to WIN! If are not a runner yet, don’t stress, here are some incredible tools that can ! Want quick and effective resources – take the first step and START NOW.
Now that you are ready to take your success to the next level….here’s some kickstart tools to get you started: